Sunday, September 27, 2009

On Music

So I was thinking on how much I enjoy electronic music. I like most kinds, specially progressive house, progressive trance, and dream house/trance. I thought that one of the reasons I like it is because, specially when it comes to the instrumental tracks, one can interpret the songs as one pleases. I like the more abstract works, because those I can interpret as I please, I see what I want to see, the artist may have made an effort to convey a certain feeling, and maybe I'm getting it right, maybe I'm not. This doesn't matter to me because as long as I find myself in the music, as long as can relate, and live the song, enjoy it and feel it, I think the musician has done its job. When a multitude listens to a song and is lost in its beautiful sounds, wrapped by it, embraced, and in love, with their memories and feelings becoming a single mesh i think a musician has done its job. So I like electronic music because it creates a dreamy environment for me. Its a sea of reverie, of past memories, and future dreams, and a lot more. It's leaving behind the noise of the world, and holding on to the beautiful fabric weaved by skilled musicians. Because there is more to music than just sound. How can it make people cry, remember, ponder, feel and wish if all it is is annoying noise? Music for me is about reaching a higher state of consciousness, when the mind opens up and flows, it just flows like the music one listens to, up and down, more aggressive, then passive, grand, then melancholic then joyous. It's a beautiful experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment